The main cause of erectile dysfunction is actually reduced blood flow to the penis. Nerve damage in the penile are is another main cause. An explanation of other medical causes of erectile dysfunction is shown below:
This disease is described as the hardening and narrowing of the arteries. It is accompanied by reduced blood flow and is a major cause of increased impotence. Over 50% of men over 60 are impotent for this reason, believe it or not.
This condition is brought on of course by rising blood sugar levels. This condition is mainly characterized by the body’s inability to product insulin. This is part of why people who are diabetic are tired more often than other people. This condition also leads to circulatory problems and nerve damage which is the main reason for impotence in people who are diagnosed of this condition.
It is a well-known fact now that hundreds of common medications are known to contribute to impotence. Blood pressure and heart condition medications as well as antidepressants and sedatives are among those that cause impotence. Of course, excessive alcohol addiction and excessive drug use is another major problem.
pinal cord or brain injuries are on the top of the list. These lead to severe sexual dysfunction sometimes, not only for men but for women. Specifically for men, the transfer of nerve impulses from the brain to the penis is interrupted. This is true for the conditions mentioned, and also true for multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, and Alzheimer’s Disease.
This is a type of surgery that is used for various reasons, such as to operate on the colon, prostate, bladder, or rectum. Often in the process significant tissues and nerves are removed and this increases the risk for impotence. It can take several months-or even over a year-for a man to “get back to normal” after radiation treatment.
This is a rare inflammatory disease. It causes the scarring of erectile tissue that leads to sexual dysfunction. It also causes pain during intercourse and painful erections.
Symptoms of mental and psychological disorders that lead to impotence include the following: Depression, guilt, worry, stress, and anxiety. The cycle of impotence is even more intense the more afraid a man is that he cannot perform.
Of course, the conditions mentioned above that affect the heart and circulatory system are some of the main causes of impotence. Any other disease that causes the interruption of blood flow and/or decreased blood flow can lead to impotence.
This of course is not a complete list of erectile dysfunction problems. Other medical conditions also can result in impotence or sexual disinterest. Ask your doctor for more information.
Important Erectile Dysfunction Facts to Remember
When on the road to becoming more confident about sexual performance you need some answers. Erectile dysfunction is a major issue for a lot of men and it can cause some embarrassment and shame.
They may wonder why erectile dysfunction occurs in the first place, as well a how it can be safely treated. If you are a man who is struggling with this issue perhaps the following facts can help you:
- One very important point to remember is that all men are different. That is the main reason why there are so many different types of erectile dysfunction treatments (i.e. pills, patches, exercises, pumps, or surgeries).
- Not all treatments you use are created equally. For instance, some of them may be made with unsafe or ineffective ingredients. However, the manufacturers and advertisers may be very slick about getting you to buy products that do not even work.
- Erectile dysfunction is not just an issue for older people. Senior citizens may be the age group who suffers this problem for the most part but sometimes it happens to younger people. This could be for many reasons, such as use of certain medications, surgery and so on.
- The focus on improving sexual performance should remain secondary to the joy that sex brings. If a man is too fixated on the end result it can make things worse for the couple rather than better.
- There are different degrees of erectile dysfunction. For some men, they just simply cannot get it up at all. However, for others it is that they can’t get it up once in awhile. For other men it may be that they might get an erection but that the penis is not as hard as it used to be.
- There is a danger of using Viagra or other prescription drugs recreationally. Never use this medication without a prescription.
- Another major concern is to make sure you don’t mix prescription medications such as Viagra, Cialis, or Levitra with too many aphrodisiac herbs. One of the hugest concerns is how one of these would react with Yohimbine, but there are other herbs out there you should be careful about mixing.
If you have any concerns at all about the safety and effectiveness of various penis enlargement and erectile products out there, ask a doctor. You can also find plenty of informative material in books, magazines, and pamphlets, as well as on penis enlargement educational websites.